Working with Congregation Bet Haverim is a rewarding experience.
Teen Engagement Coordinator
Congregation Bet Haverim, located in Davis, California, is seeking a Teen Engagement Coordinator for the coming school year of 2022-23 and beyond. This position is offered as year-round employment of approximately eight to ten hours weekly and is dedicated to supporting our youth group, creating opportunities for teen engagement throughout our community, and teen leadership development training. Compensation is based on candidate’s background and experience. The job description for this position includes the following responsibilities:
DRTY Youth Group:
• Assume leadership of the Davis Reform Temple Youth (DRTY) program, creating and implementing offerings to maintain a robust and engaging community for CBH teens.
• Provide mentorship and opportunities for teen led programs as a foundation of DRTY program.
• Provide leadership training and opportunities for growth for each member of the DRTY Board.
• Recruit teens for participation in the DRTY program in order to retain and increase attendance throughout all teen cohorts.
• Support, assist with the planning and implementation, and attend a minimum of ten (10) DRTY events, one each month from September through June.
• Create documentation and maintain written and digital information about all DRTY programs and events, providing a foundation for planning in the future.
• Support, advise, and attend a minimum of twelve (12) DRTY Board meetings; mentor and train the DRTY Board members to develop and maintain a budget.
• Maintain appropriate relationships and active communication with NFTY CWR including attending at least one NFTY CWR weekend retreat.
• Be available on campus during Teen Space Time associated with monthly F3 Shabbat programs as well as bi-monthly Keshet and Confirmation Class meetings in order to encourage teens to spend time together at CBH.
• Remain on campus or at the event site with the DRTY teens following each activity until all parents or guardians have arrived.
Potentially create, lead, or support the implementation of two to four DRTY Junior events, over the course of the calendar year, for students in upper elementary and, or middle school grades.
• Publicize teen activities through email, text messaging, the CBH website, and social media outlets.
• At least once each month, provide photos and written updates to the CBH Communication Coordinator for use with eTone, Facebook, website, and other social media opportunities.
• Communicate with the Director of Education on a consistent basis including a bi-monthly meeting.
• Provide ongoing communication with the Keshet Teacher and Madrichim Coordinator to ensure consistent vibrant teen experiences.
• Provide consistent communication with parents at least once a month; respond to all parent communications in a prompt manner.
To apply please send a a resume, cover letter, and professional references to Ardyth Sokoler, Director of Education and Youth.
Hebrew, Religious School Teachers
Congregation Bet Haverim, located in Davis, California, is seeking teachers for the Religious School and Hebrew School for this coming school year of 2022-2023. Our Hebrew School is in session on Wednesday afternoons from 2:00-4:00pm and the Religious School on Sunday mornings from 9:30am until noon. Teachers may work on either Wednesday, Sunday, or both days. Required teacher in-service sessions and meetings are held throughout the year.
Ideal candidates will have teaching experience in a Jewish or secular educational setting, established Jewish learning, enthusiasm for working with children, passion, and a demonstrated commitment to Judaism. Established curriculum is in place, however candidates will need to develop and implement creative, experiential, innovative learning experiences to meet the needs of diverse learners. Candidates should also enjoy working in collaboration with colleagues.
Our curriculum includes Hebrew reading, Tefillot, Torah, Jewish Holidays, Jewish Values, and Israel.
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references to Ardyth Sokoler, Director of Education & Youth, at email@example.com.
Gan Haverim preschool always appreciates resumes from qualified applicants who may be interested in substituting in our classrooms. We also accept resumes for future teacher openings from applicants who are working on their required units in Early Childhood Education. For more information, or to learn about what the requirements are to be a qualified teacher in our program, please contact director Caren Wilkerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.