2020 California Elections step by step
Time for Mitz-VOTE!
- REGISTER TO VOTE – deadline October 19
- New to register https://registertovote.ca.gov
- YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Check on mailing address and other details https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov
- If your signature has changed a lot, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your concern. They can verify your ballot signature on file to ensure it matches.
- BALLOTS ARRIVE – CA mails out Vote By Mail (VBM) ballots on Oct. 5
Sign up and check movement of your Yolo County VBM ballot at
- https://california.ballottrax.net/voter (Yolo County linked)
- https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-status/wheres-my-ballot/ (CA)
- LEARN about propositions and candidates (don’t forget local city, county, district, state races and initiatives) at the following links:
- Religious Action Committee -CA (Union for Reform Judaism). Discover ACTION steps + INFORMATION about California propositions and their connection to the Reform Jewish community
- League of Women Voters (LWV) – Easy guide: http://www.easyvoterguide.org/ and ballot measures https://lwvc.org/
- CA Secretary of State’s Voter Guide: https://voterguide.sos.ca.gov/
- California Secretary of State Elections Office https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/
- Yolo County Elections Office https://www.yoloelections.org/ and also at:
- VOTE OCTOBER 5-NOVEMBER 3
This election, no “regular polling place.” You can mail or drop off your VBM ballot:
- Vote by Mail Ballot (VBM) – must be postmarked by Nov. 3 & received by Nov. 20 to be counted. (Postage is paid for by CA Secretary of State).
Don’t forget to SIGN the ENVELOPE!
- Ballot Drop Box – In person secure Ballot Drop Boxes available Oct. 5 – Nov. 3
- Voter Assistance Centers (VAC) – Voter Assistance Centers for both VBM Ballot drop off and In-Person Voting and technical help Oct. 31 – Nov. 3
- Someone can voluntarily drop off your VBM Ballot for you.
- Find VAC & Ballot Drop Boxes https://www.yoloelections.org/voting/locations
- ENCOURAGE your family & friends to vote! Your Vote is Your Voice!
MORE KEY DATES TO KNOW
- 13 – California & Local Voter Guide – State’s mail out deadline
- 20 – Yolo County begins to process Vote by Mail ballots
- 20 – Nov. 3 – Late/conditional voter registration possible at VACs
- 3- Election Day- all DROP OFF must occur before polls close at 8pm. All mailed ballots must be postmarked by this day & received by Nov. 20 to count.
TAKE ACTION « LEARN MORE « VOLUNTEER
RAC CA: Union for Reform Judaism’s Religious Action Committee has positions on several CA ballot measures. https://rac.org/take-action/rac-your-state/rac-ca
NCJW-Sac/CA: National Council of Jewish Women (Sacramento & CA chapters) https://ncjwsac.org/ information about CA ballot measures & ways to help
Justice Ballot Propositions 2020 – NCJW Webinar Sept. 22 https://ncjwsac.org/events/ca-justice-ballot-prop/
Davis Ballot Talk: Facebook Group discussions about ballot https://www.facebook.com/groups/1129170113806582/about
City of Davis Elections webpage: https://www.cityofdavis.org/city-hall/city-clerk/elections/november-3-2020-generalmunicipal-election
League of Women Voters – CA: Sign up for Action Alerts and show your support for or against various issues. https://lwvc.org Or get involved with the local chapter:
Power the Polls: Recruiting Poll Workers nationally and connecting them to local needs. (Yolo is not using these volunteers but is hiring part-time staff.) https://www.powerthepolls.org/
Interested in volunteering? The County elections office is determining whether they may need volunteers. Email to offer your assistance: email@example.com