CBH food service protocol and policy
Here is our policy for food service on campus, as of September 29, 2021. This supplements our existing policies that relate to the Social Hall kitchen.
- All food preparation, handling and distribution for CBH functions will be done by either:
- a CBH employee (s)
- The Davis Jew Crew
- a certified catering vendor, or
- an employee or member of a group renting space from CBH to include religious and Hebrew school parents.
- All food preparers must adhere to CBH Covid-19 guidelines; have been vaccinated against Covid-19 or show a negative Covid-19 test 72-hours prior to food preparation at CBH
- All food preparers shall wear masks and gloves while handling, preparing or serving food.
- Only designated food preparers will be allowed to handle and distribute food to guests, students, partners or other individuals receiving food at CBH.
- For challah preparation, after the blessing, the challah will be cut into serving pieces and distributed to individuals by food preparers. Only one person shall handle the challah during the blessing. Until notified by the Covid-19 TF, there will no passing around of the challah and tearing off portions by individuals.